- everyone here is very friendly
- lots of old, beautiful buildings
- also lots of graffiti
- pool = billiards and pinball = flipper
- order of items on a menu: drinks, soups, main courses, salads, desserts
- cost of a glass of water: 250 forint (roughly $1.50)
- cost of a glass of wine: 300 forint (roughly $2.00)
- cost of a glass of juice: 300 forint
- bars are coffeehouses and restaurants as well
- coffee is usually an espresso with milk or cream or both, to be enjoyed at the cafe, not in paper cups to go
- i have not yet seen a sugar substitute (ie equal or splenda)
- vegetables are not a regular part of dishes or sandwiches
- salad seems to be a foreign concept. the only raw vegetables eaten are tomatoes and cucumbers.
- cream and/or cheese is found in nearly all dishes – there is no shortage of calcium here.
- the cheapest opera tickets are 1000 forint (roughly $6.00)
…to be continued